Click here to view an
Here's how you capture, edit and print to tape.
Prepare a new project
- Save your project file to Video drive.
- Connect camera to computer via firewire cable
- Turn on camera
- Put camera in safe position while it will be capturing (ie. not
on edge of desk
- File>Capture Video
- Options>Preferences>Disk Management
- Make sure C is NOT selected
- Make sure video drive IS selected
- Capture video from tape to video drive
- "Capture Tape" will rewind and capture from the beginning
- "Capture Video" will capture from current tape position.
- Donít use computer while capturing
- Use S key to split track
- Know how to use transitions between shots
- Know how to add text
- Know how to import audio
- Know how to adjust audio levels
- Know how to import graphics & still
- File>Make Movie
- "Save it to your hard drive"
- File path will be the video drive or a folder on the video drive
- Format: Video for Windows (AVI)
Printing to tape
- File>"Save it to your camcorder's DV tape"
- "Use an existing file"
- Browse to select the rendered file that you recently made.
- Add rendered black now if you need it.
- Connect camera and make sure tape is cued up to correct position.
- "Record to device"
Here's what I want you to do.........
- Import your video onto the computer's hard drive.
- Make a title in lower left that show's shooter's name. This title will
remain through all 5 shots.
- Make a title in lower right that show's the name of each shot while that
shot is on the screen. (ELS, LS, MS, CU, ECU)
- Add a song for background
- Print to tape.
- Turn in tape.